- Can I schedule an audio conference by making a phone reservation or do I
need to submit a form?
Events can be scheduled over the phone. However, an
event reservation form MUST be submitted by the event requester.
- How much advance notice is needed?
Events should be scheduled 2 business days prior to the planned event. ALT
will make every attempt to schedule requests within 2 business days, but last
minute schedule requests are not guaranteed.
Changes or cancellations need to be made 1 business day prior to the event.
Charges for events cancelled within 1 business day of scheduled start time will
- What is your policy on allowing late additions or deletions?
Changes made within 24 hours of the scheduled conference call will be
accommodated on a case-by-case basis (depending upon availability of the bridge,
- If I book an hour conference call and use only 20 minutes, do I still have
to pay for the entire hour?
Event billing will be based on the scheduled time. Toll-free charges will
be based on actual usage.
- How many participants can be connected to one teleconference?
Up to 46 participants can be connected at one time.
- How am I billed?
ALT will collect billing information at the time of the request and a bill will
be sent to the event facilitator following the conference at the end of the month.
- Can a cell phone be used to receive a call?
Using a cell phone is discouraged because they may be disruptive with static and
- What if more people want to join the conference than we have lines allocated?
The system will allow the number of callers for only the number of lines
- What happens when the allotted time runs out?
You will hear a tone 5 minutes prior to the end of the conference to notify you
to wrap things up.
All calls will end promptly at the scheduled end time.